.

.
.

Monday, August 29, 2011

Holy cow, The Minnesota State Fair and Quebe Sisters




I walk into the little room that was for me to set up my merch stuff and there's a pretty little young, kinda shy girl already in there. I assume she's selling merch for the act before us. Hulda Quebe's her name. She then tells me after a little bit that she actually plays in one of the bands. She tells me the name and we go our separate ways. A few minutes later I see her back in the "green room" (common area for the bands) and then something seems familiar about the name she'd told me. Taking a shot in the dark, I ask her "did you guys play on Garrison Keillor's Prairie Home Companion last year?" She says yes and I'm like HOLY COW (which is like a polite HOLY SHIT, to me) I LOVED you guys!!! I was on my travel journey & blog of last year across the South, at that time vainly looking for great music in GA., and caught them on that show! The WHOLE band was SO damn sweet, nice, humble and sincere. Not to mention that they were an UNBELIEVABLY talented group of singers and musicians! Watch some of my clips above in the "vlog" AND go see them! Enough of that other than to say it was my favorite "State Fair" though I DID love the Oregonians and they come in a valiant 2nd place.  It's all in the vlog of what I saw, 'cept for the birthing of the calf, TOO many damn people in there watching the blood and guts and my short ass couldn't even get my camera high enough to see over the tall assed Minnesotan's!

P.S. Marcia Ball was damn entertaining with a great band, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment